Attention Buyers & Realtors: Best Practices For Offers to Cities Real Estate
We’ve both worked hard to get to the point of offer submission. Our team at Cities Real Estate has built a relationship with the seller and has spent countless hours preparing the property and the listing. You’ve established trust with your buyer and invested your valuable time helping them find a property they’re eager to own. Now, our paths are about to cross, and you’re ready to submit an offer.
- 1. It's not about the highest offer.
- 2. It's not about the appraisal wavier
- 3. It really comes down too are you going to cause me issues 15-30 days into a deal with you.
As professionals, even though a negotiation is about to begin, we both want a win-win and for each client to enjoy this transaction. We also want to build our businesses and provide for our own families. For this to happen, the offer process must move quickly and smoothly.
Unfortunately, in our profession, this is where the wheels often come off. Transactions that could have been successfully completed become train wrecks that leave disgruntled clients in their wake and realtors at odds with each other.
To increase the odds of everyone in our transaction experiencing a happy ending, we’ve developed a list of six best practices for submitting offers to Cities Real Estate that will not only get your client in their new home sooner, but will also make you look like a superstar, which ultimately means more repeat business and referrals for your business.
- Submit your highest and best offer first. Properties are moving fast in this market, and submitting lowball offers wastes everyone’s time. Worst of all, clients miss out on homes they would have spent many happy years living in.
- When making offers, don’t set critical contract dates to expire on Fridays, Saturdays, or Sundays. We work on Fridays and Saturdays when necessary, but never on Sundays. For the most part, our weekends are reserved for open houses, birthday parties, and date nights.
- Submit all offers to [email protected]. We ask you to do this so our whole team sees the offer, not just the Managing Broker. David Pannell does not check email Friday through Sunday.
- Note our suggested Title: Kathy Montes, 2800 S. Hulen Street, Fort Worth, Texas, 76109. Kathy’s email is kat[email protected]; her phone number is (817) 203-2356.
- Set a closing date 30 days out. Please don’t set the closing date on a Friday, weekend, or holiday. All closings with our office will be between 12 pm and 5 pm. Keys to the property will be available at our office or the title company (preferred).
- Submit the earnest check to Trinity Title, Attention: Kathy Montes, 2800 S. Hulen Street, Fort Worth, Texas, 76109.
Other small, yet essential, requests we ask that you respect:
- Title policy – paid by buyer
- Survey – seller will provide existing if on MLS, but buyer must pay for a new one if needed
- Option fee: $500 paid by cashier’s check. Deliver to 1106 Samuels Ave, Fort Worth, Texas 76102.
- Earnest check to Trinity Title, Attention: Kathy Montes, 2800 S. Hulen Street, Fort Worth, Texas, 76109
- 3rd Party Finance Addendum period – no longer than 14 days
Cities Real Estate has put systems in place and employs administrative assistance and closing coordinators to ensure a successful closing. Please follow these guidelines, and know that we appreciate the opportunity to work together with you and your client.
Broker Extraordinaire, U.S. Marine, All-Around Nice Guy
NTREIS data last updated May 31, 2023.
- Arlington Heights
- Bella Flora
- Bellaire Heights
- Berkeley Place
- Blue Bonnett
- Colonial Hills & Parks
- Countryside Estates
- Covered Bridge Canyon
- Crawford Farms
- Creeks Of Aledo
- Creekside at Colleyville
- Edwards Ranch Riverhills
- Forest Glenn
- Glade Crossing
- Glenwyck Farms
- Graham Ranch
- Hidden Lakes
- Hogan's Glen
- Iron Horse Estate
- La Cantera at Team Ranch
- Lake Country Estates
- Le Bijou Condo
- Marine Creek Ranch
- Marshall Ridge
- Mira Vista
- Mistletoe Heights
- Montrachet Fort Worth
- Omni Residences
- Pecan Plantation
- Ridgmar Estates
- River Bend Estates
- River Crest Landing
- Royale Orleans
- Ryan Place
- Shady Oaks Country Club
- Texas & Pacific Lofts Condo
- The Bluffs at Heritage
- The Resort On Eagle Mountain Lake
- Towers Residential
- Villa De Leon Condo
- Villages of Stonegate
- Walsh Ranch
- Westworth Village
Post a Comment