Fairmount – The Old South Historical Area of Fort Worth
This pages contains the active real estate listings for that Fairmount - The Old South Historical Area of Fort Worth, updated every day. If you already know what neighborhoods you like, be sure to sign up for daily emails of new listings as soon as they hit the market. It's fast, easy, automatic and FREE!
NTREIS data last updated September 24, 2022.
About Fairmount Schools
Fairmount contains three schools. Public schools in Fairmount belong to the Fort Worth Independent School District.
One of the highest rated schools in Ft. Worth is Daggett Middle School, which has 443 children. Chapel Hill Academy is in close proximity and also boasts exceptional ratings, as does the nearby Texas School Of The Arts.
The residents of Fairmount take great pride in their homes and their neighborhood. In addition to having homes with personality, Fairmount is known for:
- Being dog friendly
- Having a sense of community
- Central location
- Having children playing outside
- Sidewalks being enjoyed by residents and visitors
- Well-kept yards
- The ArtsGoggle art fair held each fall
- Being in walking distance to shopping, restaurants, and entertainmen
- People being comfortable walking alone at night
One owner described Fairmount as being “Very central but still less mainstream. My commute is 6 minutes, and I work downtown. This is a great place to live!”
Homes, Condominiums and Townhouses
The Fairmount Historic District has more than 1,000 structures and homes. The area is very diverse, with brick and stone mansions situated next door to smaller homes. Many of these homes have been renovated or are in the process of renovation. Each year visitors enjoy indoor tours through the Fairmount Neighborhood Association, with this year’s tour being virtual.
In addition to having historic homes with personality, Fairmount also has condominiums and townhouses. Depending upon square footage and the number of bedrooms/baths, prices for these range from the low 200’s to the mid 400’s.
Dining in Fairmount
Both residents and visitors delight in the variety of food and beverages in historic structures. Some of these include:
- Nonna Tata (Italian)
- Fixture (American)
- Coco Shrimp (Hawaiian)
- Magnolia Tree Tavern (Gastropub)
- Pouring Glory (Beer Bar)
- Paris Coffee Shop (Coffee & Tea)
- Carshon’s (Deli)
- Bastion (French)
- Lili’s Bistro (American)
- Benito’s Authentic Mexican Food (Mexican)
Many of these restaurants are located on West Rosedale Street and are conveniently located within walking distance of each other.
The Perfect Fairmount Day
Whether you live in the Fairmount area or are just visiting for the day, Fort Worth weather usually affords a beautiful day for strolling along a Fairmount sidewalk or bicycling through one of its tree-lined neighborhoods.
A perfect day in Fairmount could look just like this:
- Morning: Coffee and Brunch - West Magnolia Avenue has a very ample supply of restaurants, bakeries, and coffee shops. Whether it be a sweet roll or Danish with your coffee or a full breakfast of French Toast or an Italian Fritta, you have plenty to choose from. All can be enjoyed with a mimosa or bloody mary.
- Noon: Walk it Off - An excellent way to digest your brunch is a pleasant stroll through Fairmount Park on South Henderson Street, across from the Fairmount Community Garden. It’s within a block of the Fairmount Community Library, which offers an indoor reading lounge, coffee, and patio.
- Early Afternoon: Take a Ride – Take advantage of Fort Worth’s B-Cycle bike-sharing program and enjoy a taste of history as you enjoy historic houses and buildings. The Fairmount Neighborhood Association has compiled a list that will keep you on track, containing tour addresses and a fact sheet.
- Dinner Time: Take Your Pick – Enjoy one of the restaurants listed above or head over to Eighth Avenue and enjoy one of the eateries, like the Mexican Inn Café, in Fort Worth since 1836, or Esperanza’s Mexican Bakery and Café.
- Evening: Have a Nightcap – Head across the street and enjoy drinks at Finn MacCool’s Pub, or have a craft cocktail at Kent & Co. on Magnolia.
Fairmount Residents Enjoy Fort Worth
One of the big benefits of living in Fairmount is that it’s a Fort Worth neighborhood. And with that comes the chance to enjoy all that the city of Fort Worth has to offer.In no particular order, here are ten attractions to be enjoyed in Fort Worth:
People come from all over the world to enjoy the sights and sounds of Fort Worth, but fortunate Fairmount residents can take it all in and return to their beautiful homes at the end of the day.
- The Fort Worth Zoo
- Sundance Square
- Stockyards National Historic District
- Fort Worth Water Gardens
- Kimbell Art Museum
- Botanic Garden
- Japanese Garden
- Bureau of Engraving and Printing
- SeaQuest Fort Worth
- Modern Art Museum
Living in Fairmount offers residents the best of Fort Worth: history, education, culture, entertainment, safety...everything you could ask for in a Fort Worth neighborhood.
Rely On A Fairmount Expert
Cities Real Estate agent David Pannell has been helping families with their real estate needs for over fifteen years. Specializing in Tarrant county’s most desirable neighborhoods, David is a former United States Marine and City of Arlington police officer. He is a realtor you can trust to help you find your treasure in Fairmount or help you sell your home as you begin the next chapter in life. Contact David today at (817) 797-9047.
Client Reviews, Real Estate Tips & Homes We Sold
Why Hire Cities Real Estate
Whether buying or selling a home, it is our goal to make this important event a positive and enjoyable experience. We are committed to providing you with personal attention accompanied by courtesy, respect and professionalism.
David Pannell's Team is a top producing real estate team in the TCU Area of Fort Worth Texas. We have served thousands of clients and we are a trusted partner to many local and nonprofit organizations. Our mission is to educate our clients in the home buying and selling process. We focus on detailed systems and aggressive negotiating strategies to get our clients the best results every time.
Thinking about buying a home? You have found the best search engine to do just that. In addition, our team will get you priority access to all the best deals the moment they come on the market…. and in this competitive market you have to have that sort of access to nail down a great deal! If you are looking to sell your home we specialize in getting our clients maximum exposure and top dollar every time.
Our aggressive marketing systems are proven and will net you more money vs your traditional real estate marketing plan. Congratulations on finding a top performing team in the area that is focused on your success! Happy home buying and selling! David Pannell's Team
Check Yours! Find Out With A No Obligation Property Report.
- Ryan Place
- Brooks & Bailey Sub
- Byers & Mccart
- Crestland Second Filing
- Daniel J B
- Dickson-Jenkins Residential
- Hyde Park
- Kellis Park
- Magnolia Green
- Martin & Moodie
- Martin Julia Sub
- Mistletoe Heights
- Moodie & Evans #1
- Oak Grove
- Pasadena Heights
- Rogers & Stuart
- Ryan & Pruitt
- Ryan South John C
- S O Moodie
- Shaw Clark
- Smith J S
- Smith, Jones & Daggett
- South Fort Worth
- South Summit Heights
- University Hill
- Worth Heights
Sell With Cities
The thing we like about Real Estate is that there is no recommend retail price. We use a system/process that helps our clients achieve top market price in a reasonable time. Ask us how?